This website at motorway.co.uk (the “Website”), is operated by, or on behalf of, Motorway Online Ltd (“Motorway”, “we” or “us”) to provide users free online price comparison services for car-related transactions (“Services”).
If you have any questions you can contact us at International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2BN or email us at email@example.com.
This Website provides the Services through which you may:
- Submit details of your car or another vehicle to get an online valuation via one or more of our car buying partners (“Partners”); and
- Submit your personal contact details in order for us or our Partners to contact you about your car valuation, and/or a potential transaction regarding your vehicle.
You accept that any online valuation shown on our Website is indicative only and is based on a set of assumptions about your vehicle. You understand that the actual price offered and/or paid for your vehicle by a Partner may change following further discussion with, or inspection of the vehicle by, one of our Partners. Submitting your details to our Website does not oblige or bind you to sell your vehicle to any of our Partners.
Specific services that we offer, or make available to you from time to time, through the Website may also be governed by additional or alternative terms and conditions with us, or other third parties (including third party privacy policies). Where you take up any such services, please review these additional terms and conditions carefully.
You acknowledge that the valuations on our Website (and, if applicable, any subsequent purchase of your vehicle) are offers from our third party Partners, not from us. You are not contracting directly with us for the provision of any car buying services and those services do not form part of the Services. Although we select our Partners carefully (to attempt to provide you with the best possible price for your vehicle, and the best possible customer service), we are not party to your transaction with any Partner. As such, we do not make any representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind that the prices provided to us by our Partners are accurate, or representative of the true value of your car.
All communications between you and any of our Partners is subject to the terms and conditions of that Partner, and we accept no responsibility for any deal, car purchase, payment or disputes that may arise between you and the Partner.
Third Parties and Third Party Services
- provide your details to other third parties that supply related services and they may contact you to discuss these by email or telephone; and/or
- work with third parties ((including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, automotive data providers, search information providers or social networks) and receive information about you from them.
You understand that this Website may contain:
- links to third party products, services, websites (including links to Partner websites) and/or suppliers that are not affiliated with us. We have no control over these products, services or websites and we do not guarantee, endorse or take responsibility for them.
- advertising from third parties. We are not responsible for any misleading or inaccurate advertisements which are the sole responsibility of the advertiser. Any links or advertisements on this Website should not be taken as an endorsement by us of any kind.
- data provided by third parties. We accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies in this material.
You agree to release us from claims or disputes of any kind arising from such third party content or in any way connected to such disputes with third parties.
The Services, including the content on this Website are provided for information only. We are not giving you any advice, investment, financial or otherwise in respect of your car; or recommending or endorsing any Partner or other third party service. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this Website.
By submitting content on this Website or otherwise providing content to us – such as photographs of your car or any personal financial information – (“User Content”), you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sub-licensable and fully transferable licence to use, reproduce, display, sell, modify and edit the User Content. You waive any moral rights you may have in the User Content. You warrant and represent that you have all rights necessary to grant us these rights and that the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory or otherwise objectionable to us.
Our Intellectual Property
We, or our licensors, own all intellectual property rights in the Website, information and content available on the Website, any database operated by us, any proprietary software utilised by us to enable you to use this Website and the underlying source code (“Motorway IP”). All rights are reserved.
Warranties about the Website
The Website (including all content on it) is provided by us on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind, either express or implied:
- regarding the Website (including its content), including as to quality, suitability for any purpose (including your needs), compatibility, reliability, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, access or use of information provided by any Partner and/or is accessed or obtained by you via the Website, or otherwise through using our Services; or
- that the Website will operate continuously, without interruptions or be fault-free. From time to time, we may need to make the Website unavailable with or without notice to carry out maintenance or upgrade work. We accept no liability for any interruption or loss of service.
Although we use reasonable endeavours to ensure that our Website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code, we do not guarantee that our Website will be free from bugs, viruses or malicious code and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, programs or data due to your use of our Website.
We make this Website, including any offer or promotion of any Service, available for United Kingdom residents only and we make no representations, guarantees or warranties that the Services are available or appropriate for use by those outside the United Kingdom.
The aim of the Motorway service is to provide vehicle sellers with a simple, online way to compare offers for their vehicle from Motorway’s car-buying Partners, in order to find the best offer for their car.
We conduct analytical research on historic car buyer offers shown on our website, actual sale prices from completed sales, and pricing variations over time.
Where we make a claim such as “You could get up to £1,000 more”, this is based on an analysis between the highest and lowest offers from our Partners across a large sample of enquiries, ensuring a significant proportion of customers achieve a variance of at least this figure if selecting the highest offer over the lowest.
Comparison pricing data analysed always excludes offers from scrap or recycling firms, so that offers are compared on a ‘full value’ basis.
Any claims relating to this research are subject to change over time and variance in samples. Research and related claims are updated regularly.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exclusions of our liability
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss), whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Your use of, or inability to use, this Website and/or our Services.
- Your use of, or reliance on, any content or software displayed on or provided through, our Services and/or Website.
- Any failure or delay in any component of our Website, the provision of any Service or the provision by a Partner of its services to you or any third party.
- Any transaction or agreement between the you and any Partner, or attempt to enter into an agreement or transaction with any Partner, such as the sale or purchase of a car.
Restrictions on use of the Website and Services
You must not (and you must not allow others to) :
- use an automated program (including, without limitation, any web-crawling or screen-scraping software or any equivalent technology or techniques), to view or access the Website or Services for the purpose of collecting, obtaining and/or accumulating (or other similar activity) data or content on our Website.
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website or Services, the server on which our Website or Services is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website.
- reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute any content or information on this Website, or that form part of our Services, including as part of any database (electronic or otherwise), without our prior written consent.
- transmit any material designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of our Website or Services or otherwise interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of our Website or Services.
- attempt to copy our data our reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile our processes or any part of the Website or Services.
- use our Website or Services in any manner that is illegal, immoral or harmful to us (including to commit or facilitate the commitment of any fraud against us or any Partner).
- infringe any rights (including intellectual property rights) belonging to us or any third party in relation to your use of the Website or Services, including not removing or altering any copyright notices that appear on our Website or Services.
- use this Website or the Services to conduct car valuations for cars you do not own (unless you have received permission to do so from the owner), or submit false personal or contact information in order to obtain pricing data for a vehicle or multiple vehicles.