- Conducting a car valuation
- Disclaimer and liability
- Pricing claims
- Intellectual property
- Third parties
- Restrictions on use
- Information you provide to us
- Information we collect about you
- How we use your personal information
- Storage of your personal information
- Your rights
Conducting a car valuation
You must be 18 years old or over to complete a car valuation on this Website, and warrant that the details you provide are true, accurate, complete and current.
This Website provides a service where you may:
- Submit details of your car or other vehicle to get an online valuation via one or more of our car buying partners (“Partners”)
- Submit your personal contact details, in order to enable us or our Partners to contact you about your car valuation, and / or a potential transaction regarding your vehicle
You are under no obligations to sell your car to any of our Partners by submitting your details via our Website. In providing our service we are not giving you any advice, investment, financial or otherwise in respect of your car; or recommending or endorsing any Partner or other third party service.
We select Partners carefully, to attempt to provide you with the best possible price for your vehicle, and the best possible customer service for a subsequent sale of your car, should you choose to proceed. All Valuations (and, if applicable, any subsequent purchase of your Vehicle) are provided by third party Partners, and we therefore accept no representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind that the prices provided to us are accurate, or representative of the true value of your car.
Following the submission of your car’s details and your contact information, your details may be passed to the relevant Partner that we deem most suited to your vehicle, or whoever we may choose to contract with. The Partner may endeavour contact you to further discuss your car and agree a price for purchase should you wish to proceed. You are under no obligation to accept a price offered by any of our Partners simply by using this Website. By submitting your details, you agree to allow us to pass your details to any selected Partner we deem appropriate, and for them to contact you to discuss further by phone or email.
You accept that any online valuation shown on this Website is indicative and based on a set of assumptions about your vehicle. Following further discussion with our Partner or Partners about your car, you understand that the price offered for your vehicle may change before a transaction can be completed.
All communications between you and any of our Partners following use of this website and submission of your details is subject to the terms and conditions of that Partner, and we accept no responsibility for any deal, car purchase, payment or disputes that may arise between you and the Partner.
We may also provide your details to other third parties that provide related services, and they may contact you to discuss these by email or telephone.
The content on this site is provided for information only. It is not intended to amount to professional advice on which you should rely. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this site.
You agree that:
We are only providing information regarding our Partners and their services, and you are not contracting directly with us for the provision of any car buying services. Any person to whom your contact details are disclosed is authorised to contact you for the purposes of discussing a potential sale of your vehicle.
Disclaimer and liability
The Website (including all content on it) is provided by us on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We make no representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, without limitation, we will use reasonable care and skill to ensure that information provided to us by our Partners in respect of their Services, car valuations or otherwise is accurate, but you acknowledge that we obtain this information from third parties and we cannot, and do not, provide any representations, guarantees, and/or warranties as to quality, suitability for any purpose (including your needs), compatibility, reliability, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, access or use of information provided by any Partner and/or is accessed or obtained by you via the Website, or otherwise through using our services.
In addition, we make this Website available for United Kingdom (“UK”) residents only and in doing so we are not making any offer or promotion of any services or products to persons not in the UK. We make no representations, guarantees or warranties that the services we offer are available or appropriate for use by those outside the UK. It is your responsibility to evaluate the quality, suitability, accuracy, completeness and reliability of this Website, information provided by any Partner, information accessed or obtained by you through using our services, and any information or content contained therein. We accept no responsibility and make no representations, guarantees, or warranties that the Website will operate continuously, without interruptions or be fault-free. We may need to make the Website unavailable with or without notice to carry out maintenance or upgrade work. We accept no liability for any interruption or loss of service.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to this site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, this site and/or our services
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site
- any failure or delay in any component of our site, the provision of any Service or the provision by a Partner of its Services to any user or third party
- any use or reliance of any information, material, software, products or services obtained through the site, or otherwise through using the services we provide
- any transaction or agreement between the user and any Partner, or attempt to enter into an agreement or transaction with any Partner, such as the sale or purchase of a car
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to on this site, including the websites of Partners listed. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We aim to give car sellers a simple way to find the highest offer for their car from online car buying companies integrated with Motorway.
We regularly conduct research on available offers from integrated buying partners on a random sample of vehicles. From this we may calculate the difference between the highest and lowest prices returned, and then use this research in pricing claims to illustrate the benefit of using our product. Any claims relating to this research are subject to change over time and variance in different samples. Offers may be different for specific vehicles, and will also depend on mileage, location and the date of valuation. Research and related claims will be updated regularly.
We are the owner or licensee of intellectual property rights in the Website, information and content available on the Website, any database operated by us, any proprietary software utilised by us to enable you to use this Website (“Software”) and the underlying source code. All rights are reserved.
We grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Software solely in executable form and only to the extent necessary for use of the Website, and for no other purpose.
You may not reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute any material, information or content on this Website, or that form part of our services, without our prior written consent. However, you are granted a limited right to access and use the Website and our services, and retrieve, display and print content pages, for your own personal, non-commercial use and to the extent necessary for use of the Website and our services only. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to terminate your licence and to prevent future access by you to this Website.
This Website may contain links to third party products, services and/or suppliers that are not affiliated with us. We have no control over the products, services or websites of these third parties and we do not guarantee or take responsibility for them. This Website may also contain advertising from third parties and we are not responsible for any misleading or inaccurate advertisements which are the sole responsibility of the advertiser. Any links or advertisements on this Website should not be taken as an endorsement by us of any kind. Furthermore, this Website contains data provided by third parties and we accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies in this material. You agree to release us from claims or disputes of any kind arising from or in any way connected to such disputes with third parties.
Restrictions on use
You agree not to:
- transmit any material designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of our Website
- use any automated software to view our Website without consent and to only access our Website manually
use our Website other than for your own personal use
attempt to copy our data our reverse engineer our processes
- use our Website in any manner that is illegal, immoral or harmful to us (including to commit or facilitate the commitment of any fraud against us or any Partner);
- use our Website in breach of any policy or other notice on our Website
- remove or alter any copyright notices that appear on our Website
- publish any material that may encourage a breach of any relevant laws or regulations
- interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of our Website;
conduct yourself in an offensive or abusive manner whilst using our Website
- you must not use this website to conduct car valuations for cars you do not own, or submit false personal or contact information in order to obtain pricing data for a vehicle or multiple vehicles.
Information you provide to us
Information we collect about you
Along with the personal information you provide to us (as set out above), when you visit our website(s) we may also automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your browsing history, and how you use our website. We may also collect information about subsequent sales or purchases of vehicles through our platform. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
We may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, service providers, advertising networks, analytics providers, automotive data providers, search information providers or social networks) and may receive information about you from them. This may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you to:
- Ensure we present you with the best and most relevant version of our website
- Provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us – including providing you with online car valuations or quotes, and details of car buying partners that you may wish to transact with
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that we deem to be similar to or relevant to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- To provide you or selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you based on the information you provide to us
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
Information about the third parties and their terms and conditions and privacy policies can be found online on their own websites, but they are not listed on our Website. If you wish to review the terms and conditions of any third party, you may visit their website/s to do so.
We may also share your personal information with third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers
- If Motorway Online Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If required in order to obtain professional advice
- We may also share with or sell to third parties aggregate information or information that does not personally identify you
Storage of your personal information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure your personal data is treated securely.
Information we collect may be transferred to, and stored in, a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in some countries might not provide as much legal protection for your information as inside the EEA. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We will do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site. Submission of any information on this website is at your own risk.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can also ask us to stop contacting you if you wish to do so, and you can ask us to remove all your personal information from our system. You can do this at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our Partners, advertisers or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Where your details have been passed to a third party car buying Partner, your details will be governed by their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.