Our valuation tech uses live market data to estimate your car’s value accurately.
Get your highest price
We’ll find the dealer in our network who’ll pay the most, without the hassle.
Free home collection
Complete your sale in as little as 24 hours, with free collection & fast payment.†
Oh, and it’s 100% free
Dealers pay a fee to buy your car. That means it’s completely free for you.
Sell your car the Motorway way
At Motorway, dealers compete so you can sell your car for a great price, for free. See how easy it is in our TV ad – confetti cannons not required!
Join 250,000+ people who’ve sold the Motorway way 😎
How it works
Ready to let dealers compete? Enter your reg to get an instant valuation and create a car profile from your phone. Easy.
We alert the 5,000+ car dealers in our nationwide network and they make their best offer for your car in our online sale.
We'll present the highest offer for you to approve, then arrange a date for your car to be collected, for free, of course.
You receive fast payment† in your bank account within 24 hours of collection. Ta-dah, you've sold your car the Motorway way!
Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot with over 50,000 reviews
5,000+ verified dealers ready to buy your car
Selling a financed car, with Motorway
Over 85% of cars in the UK are purchased using a finance agreement. From Hire Purchase (HP) finance, to Personal Contract Purchase (PCP), leasing, and more, there are lots of different ways to buy a vehicle with flexible payment plans.
What most people don’t know is that, as well as selling their car at the end of a financing agreement, they can also sell their car with remaining finance. Motorway will help you sell your financed car within our UK-wide network of over 5,000 verified dealers, legally.
When a sale is agreed, the dealer will clear the remaining balance with your lender, and you’ll keep the change. The best part: selling your financed car with Motorway is 100% free – without any hidden fees, commissions or charges! Read on to learn more about selling your car on finance.
How can I sell my car with outstanding finance?
The first thing to do, no matter what, is to get a current, accurate valuation for your car. At the same time, ask your lender for a ‘settlement letter’ so you know how much money is outstanding on your car finance contract. If you sell the car in positive equity, e.g. when it’s worth more than your outstanding debt, you’ll keep the surplus from the sale. If it’s in negative equity, you’ll have to pay the difference.
Either way, when you sell your financed car with Motorway to a verified dealer, they will clear your finance when they complete the sale of your car. You’ll get instant payment of any surplus straight into your bank account, for free.
Sell your financed car fast, easily, and completely online
Finance or no finance, it doesn’t have to be hard work to sell your car. Once you have your settlement letter, and an accurate valuation for your car, you can proceed to sell your car on Motorway.
- From start to finish, you can sell your financed car with Motorway from your phone. It’s quick, convenient, and always free!
- Enter your reg and mileage to get an instant, free valuation based on live market data
- Profile your car using our smart photo app for hi-res photos that show off your car at its best
- At the end of the daily online sale, we’ll send you the best price offered by one of over 5,000 verified dealers from around the UK
- With your financed car’s paperwork checked over, all that’s left to do is arrange your free home collection with your car buyer, to complete the sale
- You’ll get the finance cleared for free by your purchasing dealer, without hidden fees, plus any surplus straight to your bank account
The trusted way to sell your financed car
Motorway is a safe and trusted platform, where you can sell your financed car. You’ll get a fair, honest deal reflecting the real market value of your car. Don’t just take our word for it:
- More than 250,000 customers have sold their used car the Motorway way since 2017
- We’re recommended by AA Cars, WhatCar?, Parkers, Confused.com, Octopus Electric Vehicles and Moneysupermarket
- We have over 51,750 Trustpilot reviews and are rated ‘Excellent’
- We work with many of the UK’s top national dealership groups, including Evans Halshaw, Sytner, Jardine, Vertu Motors, Inchcape, and many more
- We’ve won Motor Trader’s prestigious Online Used Car Trading Platform of the Year award in both 2021 and 2022