Twitter competition ts & cs
Last updated: 24th February 2022
Motorway Online Ltd (company number 10285711) is the promoter (“Promoter”) of these 4 free prize draws. Subject to these Terms and Conditions, all persons who re-tweet the specified tweet on The Motorway Twitter page (the “Tweet”), in addition to following the Twitter account @Motorway before the closing dates will be entered into a free prize draw as set out on Twitter to win the prize detailed in the Tweet.
List of prizes and closing dates
- £1,000 – for one winner – closes 5pm, Monday 28th February 2022
- One England Rugby Home 2021/22 Replica Jersey for ten winners – closes 5pm, Sunday 27th February 2022
- 50x Size 5 Motorway Rugby Balls – for 50 winners – closes 5pm, Tuesday 15th March 2022
- Six Motorway rugby tackle bags for one winning Rugby Club – closes 5pm, Sunday 20th March 2022
- All these free prize draws are open to anyone aged at least 18 years who is a UK resident, excluding employees of the Promoter or any of its affiliated companies
- Entries must be made by re-tweeting the Tweet and following Motorway on Twitter. Entries received after the stipulated closing time will be invalid and will not be included in the free prize draw.
- Any instructions provided in the Tweet form part of the Terms and Conditions of the free prize draw, but in the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions take precedence. Entries not complying with these Terms and Conditions will be invalid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request valid proof of identification (as determined in its sole discretion) from the winner prior to the fulfilment of the Prize. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a winner to take up the Prize.
- Subject to passing identification checks and the disclosure of delivery details, the Prize will be delivered to the winners’ specified delivery address.
- No payment is required to enter the free prize draw.
- The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received before the free prize draw closing time, at the discretion of the Promoter. The winner will be notified following the free prize draw closing time, firstly by tweet and then by direct mail to the winner’s Twitter account if possible. In the event that the winner fails to respond to the Promoter to confirm their acceptance of the Prize within 72 hours of the first message, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize or select an alternative winner from the free prize draw.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for any substitute prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in publicity connected with the free prize draw and in entering the free prize draw, entrants agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the free prize draw and/or review and revise these Terms and Conditions at any time without giving prior notice. By continuing to take part in the free prize draw subsequent to any revision of these Terms and Conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of contacting you in the event that you are drawn as a winner of the free prize draw.
- As a participant and/or winner, you will fully release Motorway and its affiliates, partners and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this free prize draw or the use or acceptance of the Prize or any portion thereof whatsoever.
- We use very little personal data for our ‘Motorway England Rugby Shirt Free Prize Draw’ Promotion, but we need some to process your entry. We also need personal details to respond to any enquiries you may have. This privacy notice explains what personal data we process and your rights over what we do with it. (This part of the privacy notice above applies to the ‘Motorway England Rugby Shirt Free Prize Draw’ Promotion only).
- We need your social media account name to enter any Promotion, to ensure that it is run fairly, and for your prize to be awarded, and you cannot enter the Promotion without providing that information. If you win, then we’ll need your name, preferred delivery address and contact number for fulfilment of your prize. Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of the Promotion contract.
- We will use personal data about you for the Promotion, only, and will erase it when the Promotion is complete.
- We will need to share personal data with our partners only to operate the Promotion. Our partners include: Manning Gottlieb OMD, Bankside 2 & 3, 90-100 Southwark Street, London, SE1 0SW. Other partners include IT service providers, and business partners who help us to ensure the proper administration of the Promotion and associated services.
- We will not disclose personal data to a third party for any other purpose without a valid lawful basis.
- Should we need to transfer personal data outside of the UK, we will ensure that appropriate legal and technical safeguards are in place.
- You can request copies of personal data about you including in portable electronic formats and, where appropriate, the rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of that personal data.
- If you’re not happy with our processing of personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/