Our valuation tech uses live market data to estimate your car’s value accurately.
Get your highest price
We’ll find the dealer in our network who’ll pay the most, without the hassle.
Free home collection
Complete your sale in as little as 24 hours, with free collection & fast payment.†
Oh, and it’s 100% free
Dealers pay a fee to buy your car. That means it’s completely free for you.
Sell your car the Motorway way
At Motorway, dealers compete so you can sell your car for a great price, for free. See how easy it is in our TV ad – confetti cannons not required!
Join 250,000+ people who’ve sold the Motorway way 😎
How it works
Ready to let dealers compete? Enter your reg to get an instant valuation and create a car profile from your phone. Easy.
We alert the 5,000+ car dealers in our nationwide network and they make their best offer for your car in our online sale.
We'll present the highest offer for you to approve, then arrange a date for your car to be collected, for free, of course.
You receive fast payment† in your bank account within 24 hours of collection. Ta-dah, you've sold your car the Motorway way!
Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot with over 50,000 reviews
5,000+ verified dealers ready to buy your car
How to sell my petrol car with Motorway
It’s likely that your car is one of your most valuable assets, and – even with the electric switchover coming in 2035 – your petrol car will still be in high demand. At Motorway, you can sell your car for the best price without the usual hassle.
The traditional way of selling a car is time-consuming and can quickly start to feel overwhelming – but not anymore. Motorway has transformed the way to sell cars. But how?
- At Motorway, you’ll receive an instant car valuation based on up-to-the-minute market data
- Your petrol car will be shared with a UK-wide network of more than 5,000 verified car dealers – who will compete to give you their best price, fast
- You can sell your car today in as little as 24 hours
- Your winning dealer will collect from your home – for free
- Fast payment into your bank account
- Selling is always 100% free with Motorway
- It’s quick and easy, here’s how it works
Sell your petrol car with Motorway
- You will avoid all the stress and uncertainty associated with private car sales
- You’ll get an instant, estimated selling price based on an up-to-date car valuation
- Your car will be seen by more than 5,000 verified dealers – who will compete to give you their best price
- You get an easy, hassle-free way to sell your petrol car
- Your winning dealer will collect your car from your home for free and pay quickly – direct to your bank account
- Selling with Motorway is seen as an ‘Excellent’ experience – read what our customers are saying
We sell petrol cars of every brand
We can help you find a dealer for a huge range of petrol car makes and models, from popular family cars to prestige models – and everything in between. These brands include:
You can relax. Whatever car you drive, we can find the perfect dealer for you – today!
Should you sell your petrol car today?
We know that when it comes to selling your petrol car, price is going to be a big factor. But finding a great deal can be stressful and long winded – especially if you’re going from dealership to dealership or running endless negotiations with private buyers that don’t end up in a sale.
It’s difficult to say for sure if you should sell your petrol car now. However, it is likely that the cost of fossil fuels, like petrol, will increase as the UK moves closer to the 2035 electric switchover and fewer consumers are likely to want to buy petrol vehicles. Fuel companies are also expected to raise prices to recoup their money as traditional fossil fuels become less desirable.
Even if there is a surge in sales of petrol and diesel cars in the run up to the switchover, drivers of electric vehicles (EVs) will still not have to pay road tax, will avoid congestion charge costs, and will spend much less money refuelling their cars – and all these factors are likely to have a negative impact on the prices of petrol vehicles. So, it might be a good idea to sell your petrol car before we get too close to the switchover date.